The Town of Easton has been monitoring the COVID-19 virus and its potential impact on our community. After serious consideration, we will be making adjustments in municipal operations. These adjustments will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and changes will be made as information and circumstances change. Our goal is to ensure the safety of our employees and our residents. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is critical that we maintain a healthy work environment for our first responders so that they can continue to serve and protect our community.
The following measures will be implemented immediately until further notice:
Town Office – The Town Office will start allowing one customer in the office at a time. One person may wait in the hallway to be waited on next. All other customers must wait outside the building until a customer leaves. The staff will be working and actively responding to calls and emails during our normal business hours. The Town Office can be reached at 488-6652 or [email protected]. We will do our best to provide the services you require. Please refer to our website at www.eastonme.com for online services.
- Highway Department – The Highway Department personnel will continue to work; however there will be no public access to the Town Garage. Persons with road concerns or questions should call the Highway Garage, 488-7705 or Town Office 488-6652 and questions will be answered.
- Fire Department – The Fire Department personnel will continue to work; however there will be no public access to the Fire Station. Persons with concerns or questions should call the Town Office 488-6652 and questions will be answered.
- Recreation Department – The Recreation Department personnel will continue to work; however there will be no activities until further notice. Please call 551-7737 with questions.
- Odd Fellows’ Hall/ Community Center – As Governor Mills has directed that there be no gatherings of 10 or more people, all use of the Odd Fellows’ Hall/Community Center is discontinued until further notice.
- General Assistance – Persons seeking general assistance should call the Town Office at 488-6652 and we will process applications over the phone. The application is available on our website at https://www.eastonme.com/municipal-departments/general-assistance/.
- Food Pantry – The Friends Helping Friends Food Pantry will remain open for anyone with food insecurity. However, due to the need to gather in groups of less than 10, anyone needing food must contact Vaughn Martin at 227-3589 to set up an individual time to attend the pantry. The pantry is available to regular clients, as well as, anyone else in the Town of Easton who finds themselves in need of food assistance.
- All registrations that expire during this state of emergency including; motor vehicles, trailers, all-terrain vehicles, watercraft or snowmobiles, including temporary registration, and dog licenses, are extended until 30 days following the termination of the state of emergency. Easton residents will be able to use the State of Maine’s Informe Rapid Renewal to renew registrations during this same time period at this website address https://www1.maine.gov/online/bmv/rapid-renewal/.
- Easton Schools’ Food Service Program – The Easton Schools’ Food Service Program is committed to providing our community with meals the students are accustomed to receiving on a daily basis. Weekday meal service will be provided for the duration of the closure. Please read the information below regarding the meal program and how to participate. Participation is highly encouraged!
- Meals will be available FREE of charge to any persons under the age of 18, regardless of economic status.
- This includes children who are younger than school age.
- Daily lunch and breakfast will be provided.
- A hot lunch will be provided for the current day and a cold breakfast for the following morning.
- Please inform the Elementary School Office if you plan on participating.
- Contact Megan Cook in the Elementary office to sign up as soon as possible. [email protected] or 207-488-7701
- Be sure to inform us how many children you are feeding.
- Meals will be available for pick up at the Elementary School from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- If you or your child does not have transportation, meal delivery will be offered.
- Meals WILL NOT be dropped off without a person to receive them. It does not have to be an adult, but meals will not be left on doorsteps or in other unattended areas due to food safety rules. Please have someone meet the bus; bus-to-door delivery is no longer permitted.
- A menu will be available on school webpage: https://www.eastonschools.org/o/easton/page/covid-19-closure-info-and-faq
Individual actions to reduce the spread of COVID-19
In our community & our homes
- Stay home when sick and keep kids home when school’s out of session.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds every time you walk by a sink!
- Cover your cough!
- Keep six feet away from other people in public places!
- Call your doctor first! Don’t just go to the hospital or doctor if you’re feeling sick.
- Get what you would need on hand to stay home for a couple of weeks:
Food, medicines your family needs, things to have fun with!
- Avoid gatherings and eliminate non-essential travel.
- Stay Healthy! Eat well, drink lots of water, and try to get enough sleep.